Our Care Model
Comprehensive, Integrated Maternal and Child Health Care Delivery Platform
- Clinical consultation, diagnostics, HIV counseling and a well-stocked pharmacy all under one roof. For the woman who has to walk for hours with her young children in tow to receive basic antenatal checkups and diagnostics, this is critical;
- Reliable staff that are motivated by having the tools they need to treat patients;
- A clean and dignified space. Our clinics are cool and private inside, denoting the kind of high-quality experience women and children deserve;
- Routine staff training and evaluation.
We are committed to providing clinical care all along the continuum of a woman’s pregnancy and the first few years of her child’s life. But we also ensure we equip her with the health education and information she needs to keep herself and child healthy. Integrating patient health education into clinical visits is critical to building women’s confidence in:
- Advocating for themselves by asking questions and explaining symptoms;
- Understanding how to identify high-risk signs and symptoms;
- Making healthy choices;
- Using available healthcare resources effectively, e.g. ask questions, explain symptoms
COMMUNITY HEALTH EDUCATION
Consistent and repeated health education is critical to fostering healthy behaviors in communities with high mortality rates from preventable causes.
- C2C’s community health programs identify health barriers and risk factors for families in the communities surrounding our clinics;
- In the community, our trained and skilled Community Health Workers (CHWs) conduct home visits to provide education about safe drinking water and sanitation, disease and illness prevention, and follow-up support for patients. CHWs screen for malnutrition, high-risk pregnancies, and other risk factors;
- At the clinic, CHWs support the nursing staff by convening health education sessions for waiting patients and conducting support groups for new mothers.